Saturday, December 19, 2009

Countdown to Christmas

Ahh, the 2009 Christmas countdown begins! The Henze house looks specatular this year and as Christmas Day draws near the baking has begun! We had some great friends over for cookies and cards on Saturday and so far my mom, sister, and I have made four different kinds of cookies. Needless to say that the house smells incredible! We've also had snow flurries on and off so we've been juggling bringing the horses in and then turning them out again. In spite of all that, I have had quite a bit of time to devote to my lace. My necklace got picked up today and she LOVED it! There is something exciting in the feeling of knowing that your work means something to someone enough for them to purchase some of my lace.

Today is Monday and once again I've got a million different projects going. How about a photo tour? here we go!
Size 40 cross that keeps breaking! I've repaired it, tried to hide ends and now it's personal! LOL, just kidding, but I think I'll put that project aside and try the pattern in a bigger thread and maybe come back to 40. The picture doesn't give the color justice. It's a much darker color - actually it's the 'Lizbeth 40 'Boysenberry'. I'm wild about the color which brings me to our next photo:

This is a pattern out of the 'Visual Patterns' book by Mary Konior called Netting. How unique is that! This will be a fun adventure. I've never seen anything like it, so I'll be sure to keep you updated!


Next on the photo tour is a golden square doily for my Grandmother for Christmas. Each corner is a separate doily to create a kind of patchwork. I hope she likes it!

Another doily in the works. This is the one that I work on while we're watching a movie or something because the outermost ring is easy. Four rosettes down, about eight to go! This is the Easter doily that I mentioned earlier.


And just for grins, my Amaryllis is about to bloom! We started these bulbs in my Greenhouse I class and once it's done blooming I'm going to continue to force it in the fridge and have it bloom again in the summer. It will be a deep Christmas red, perfect for adding color to our living room as we celebrate our Savior's birth!

Hope you enjoyed the show! Tune in next week....ah, never mind!
Blessing from chilly Illinois!
Allison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...