Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Projects

Last night I finished and starched my Easter Doily. I was admiring the colors and thought to myself, if I had to name this one, I would call it 'Ring around the Rosie.' This large doily reminds me of a beautiful, warm and clear spring day....ah, yet with ice EVERYWHERE this morning, I hope that spring isn't be to far off. I just can't wait to get outside and garden. SPRING COME QUICK!!!



This is also a project I finished a week ago. And yes, I admit defeat. I don't have the human strength to block and starch this one. The 'network' (as the book calls it) is all chains and I kinda like the wave effect it has. Maybe I'm just lazy. Who knows?

Tomorrow holds promise for some excitement - all my Horticulture buddies and I are heading out to Chicago for the Mid-American Horticultural Trade show at McCormik Place! We are taking a Coach bus and are pulling out of campus at 8 'o clock sharp. Bon Voyage!!
Allison

4 comments:

victats@gmail.com said...

Love the colors of your spring doily. You did a lovely job. What thread did you use?

Sewicked said...

The doily turned out very pretty. Congrats & good job. How did the trade show go?

IsDihara said...

Your Easter doily is really refreshing and Springlike. You have done a great job!

I too am wondering about the thread you used. Tell us more, pretty please?

Allison said...

Thank you everyone! and I'd love to share!! The thread is 'Lizbeth, size 20, number 124 called 'Spring Garden' and it's quickly becoming a favorite! I'm planning a a bookmark in that color next!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...