Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rose Tatting

The inspiration for my next doily! This is my favorite rose in the garden and despite the drought, has been blooming all summer. Her name is Rosa 'Golden Celebration' and has a wonderful sweet, and fruity fragrance. Both the yellow and green are Lizbeth colors called 'Pineapple Parfait' and 'Leaf Green Medium' respectively. I included the center of Yarnplayer's Arches doily so you can see how the variegated yellow tats up. I am LOVING this yellow thread! Can't decide whether to add more rounds to the motif in the picture or start another doily all together....Hmmm, I'll have to think on that one.
What you do think? 
Hoping that you all had a blessed Sunday!
 

5 comments:

Ladytats said...

I did the Arches doily last year at this time. It works up quick and is very pretty. hmm maybe I should do it again during this labor day tatting demo. but in different colors. http://ladytats.blogspot.com/2011/09/finished-arches-doily.html
I think yours would look very nice in the yellow and green.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Those two colors look great together! I have the green, but not the yellow. You could tat another motif like this one and turn it into a doily. I know I'd be tempted to keep that pretty yellow motif just as it is.

Margarets designer cards said...

The colour matches the rose, gorgeous rose
Margaret

Shirlee said...

I am not a big fan of yellow but I think that colorway tats up beautifully! I would probably continue the motif & make the doily. Can't wait to see what you decide to do : )

Allison said...

I checked out your link Ladytats and I really like the colors that you chose! I'll definitely have to do another Arches doily. Diane, I think I'm totally going to do just that. I'm going to keep this little motif and start another doily. I know Margaret; I am still so excited that the yellow captured the same color hues of the rose. I was in the same boat as you Shirlee. I'm not a fan of variegated threads with white in them, but having a lighter yellow instead of white just makes me LOVE this thread! Thanks for the comments ladies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...