Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A day off to tat...

 Aaahhh, a day off to tat. I can't think of anything better then for my day off of work to be rainy, so that there is time for tatting! Tatting and listening to new music by The Piano Guys!!!! I can just hear the weather-man saying "Chances for tatting are increasing for the afternoon, with a high possibility of shuttle activity!" 


I've started another Stawasz doily! I found 2 brand new balls of Flora white, in size ten, in my tatting box that is PERFECT for the Stawasz projects! I have a lot of white crochet cotton that I bought when I first started tatting but it frays so badly that I'm always hesitant to use it. and VOILA! The perfect thread has appeared!
This one has a neat square/diamond shape to it. I've always wanted to try a pattern like this that is all split rings and is tatted in straight lines. It's been a good challenge; there a bit of logic that goes along with it because you have to think of which direction the rings need to go, especially around the corners : )


Happy Tattings everyone!
Off to see a movie with my sister tonight!
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison, I just ordered up Jan's book and am waiting (not so) patiently for it to arrive!! You are doing such a lovely job on the doily!! I loved the last one you did too and it was why I decided to order his book :)I love rainy tat days! They are the best!

Fox said...

Great pattern - perfect white thread!
Fox : )

Ladytats said...

Looks like you are having fun. That is going to be pretty when you are finished.

Margarets designer cards said...

I brought Jan's book and it arrived on Saturday, I saw that pattern and thought l how lovely it was, in fact I like nearly all the patterns, including the flower pots and flowers.
It's going to look lovely in white.
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love your weather report! Unfortunately, it wasn't enough for me to stay home from school. ;-)

I love the doily you're working on... so glad you found the perfect thread!

God's Kid said...

It's looking awesome already!! I can't wait to see it finished!! :)

Allison said...

Oh ladies :) you make my day all the more wonderful with your lovely comments! Thank you all for stopping by and dropping a note of encouragement!! Love from Illinois!
Allison

Anonymous said...

The pattern is looking good Allison!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...