Saturday, May 4, 2013

New book and Shuttle review!


I got my copy of Jan Stawasz's Tatted Treasures last week and have been enjoying it immensely! I think that this book will soon rank right near the top of my all time favorite books, like Mary Konior's Tatting with Visual Patterns.
Here is a little motif that I am working on. I'm using up some thread that was leftover on my shuttles. This flower has double picots in it; I haven't worked with a lot of those so it was fun to play around with. I'm going to start on a new doily in soft yellow and green that will be my summer project!


I also purchased an Aerlit shuttle with my Be-Stitched.com order. I got the lilac purple and I have to say that I really do like it. It's silent to wind (my family is most appreciative of THAT) and easy to re-wind and the crochet hook at the end is fabulous!




Hope that everyone is having a great weekend! The weather here is beautiful!

7 comments:

Fox said...

Isn’t it a wonderful book? I love mine too! Enjoy!
Fox : ))

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely flower, I am still saving up for his book, but with all the comments I have read I am looking forward to getting it.
Margaret

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Have you tried an Aero shuttle, Allison? This looks very similar and I'm wondering how they compare.

mica said...

All the lovely pieces I am seeing on various blogs is seriously tempting me to buy the book! The little motif is beautiful!

God's Kid said...

Have fun with the new book! Can't wait to see the beautiful things you tat from it!! :)
Love that sweet little motif!!! :)

Allison said...

I am enjoying this book quite a bit! The doilies are all diagrammed but are clear once you read the authors instructions in the front of the book. The patterns are all lovely; I WANT TO TAT THEM ALL!

Eliz, no I haven't tried that one. I'll have to see about adding that to my next order.

Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies!

Anonymous said...

Have lots of fun with your new book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...