Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thinkin' about the Fair...

Oh dear! It's been a while since I've dropped ya'll a note, but to be truthful, I haven't been able to tat too much. Lately I'm thinking about two projects: my hankie edging for the Boone Co. Fair and a doily for a baby shower that's coming up. A gal I go to school with is expecting a little one soon so she'll get a nice surprise on her shower from me! She has always admired tatting, so I thought I would bless her with a doily that could go in the baby's room. As for the hankie edging, I've picked out a light green, size 30 to decorate a hankie that Sarah gave me. The edges already have holes in them! I won't have to sew it on; I'll be able to attach it as I go! AAhhh, the little luxuries in life.

It was my Birthday yesterday and I was blessed beyond belief this past Memorial Day weekend as well. I am now being courted by the best man I've known. We've been long distance friends for around 10 years and now we're taking the next steps in our relationship. He lives all the way in upstate New York, so we'll have phone dates and continue to write letters. Both our families are sooo very happy for us, especially the mothers, and I don't think I've stopped smiling...oh and my Birthday was wonderful as well! I got two new Iris plants for my garden, a beauutiful apron from my Mom, a fantastic pocket-knife from my Dad, and a handmade notebook from my sister. I love how the gifts in our family are so meaningful and truly reflect how well we know one another.

The weather has been bouncing back and forth from hot and sunny to stormy and chilly. The other day we got 1.25" of rain in an hour! The pumpkins were planted last week for our farm stand in the fall and my family's plant sales are picking up! Us Henze's are starting to turn this farm into a working, hobby farm and it's such a fun journey. Check out our blog here to see what we've been up to!
Well, time flies when you're having fun! I'll catch you all later!
Allison

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's so nice to read such happy news from you! I'm glad you had such a nice birthday, the same as my daughter Alison's! I look forward to seeing your hanky and your doily.

Allison said...

I'll be posting pictures soon! How amazing that we have the same name and birthday! Thanks for your comment Mrs. Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...