Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Currently tattings

 Today is another tatting class! I'm looking forward to the 5 students that have 
signed up for our February Tatting class at Esther's Place!

I've been pretty busy lately, so I haven't had much time for blogging, but I have had time for tatting! I just finished two cross bookmarks. These are both from my newest books, tatted in Lizbeth threads.



'Bible Cross' from the book Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns by Monica Hahn
Tatted in Lizbeth, 20 #683 Leaf Green Light
Tatted Cross Bookmark #6610 from the vintage workbook given to me by some friends. I did a blog post about it HERE. This one still needs a tassel, but I couldn't help but share a picture of it. I think this one would look great with the inner flowers being a bright, variegated thread, and the outline tatted in black for the 'stained glass' look....that will probably be my next project for the weekend!
Tatted in Lizbeth size 20
gold - Honey Drizzle #180
green - Leafy Green #138

There are two new colors I ordered from be-stitched.com and I'm lovin' em!





HERE'S SOMETHING NEW AND FUN!!!

I did a post on Onion Rings a few weeks ago, but look what I found on the InTatters forum!! HERE is the link!! All I did was Google search 'bookmark tassel' and look what came up! It's called a Peacock Tassel. You make an Onion Ring with the last round having REALLY long picots that you trim to make the tassel. I tatted it up and loved it so much I attached it to my cell phone. It is made by starting with a lock chain (make one half of the stitch flipped, and don't flip the second half) that looks especially cool with variegated threads. Tatted in Lizbeth #142 Turquoise Twist

The funniest thing about this is that I was the one who posted a question about bookmark tassels on the InTatters forum back in 2009 and this pattern was a response!!!! How funny is that! I haven't been on InTatters in years! Maybe I'll have to get back on and see what I've been missing!


It's a cold, but sunny, winter's day here in Illinois and I'm off to get ready for my tatting class!
Cheers!
 

7 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely bookmarks and crosses.
I like your tassel very unusual I think I must try that one. Nice to find something really different.
Thank you for sharing it
Margaret

StringyDogs said...

Wow, Allison. I look through InTatters several times a week and I also missed that. There is so very much there! I love it. Thank you so much for pointing out the pattern.

Kersti said...

That does look lovely as a phone accent! We'll see you on InTatters soon then? I think you've only missed about 6000 topic threads!

God's Kid said...

Love both crosses!!! :) , and I believe I have done both.
Here are links to 2 I did of your second one just thought you'd like to see them. :)
http://hiskid66.blogspot.com/2011/07/2011-25-motif-challenge-motif-18.html
http://hiskid66.blogspot.com/2011/07/still-tatting.html
Neat tassel!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the crosses!

Anonymous said...

The cross with the yellow flowers is my favourite, it's lovely!

Allison said...

Thanks for the comments ladies!

God'sKid - I love the color choices you did with the vintage cross pattern! Thanks for sharing your links!

Kersti - We'll see! 6000 topics, gee that will keep me busy for a while!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...