Thursday, May 16, 2013

A quick note!


I have a couple of posts in 'draft mode' still, but I thought I'd say hello to everyone! I'm working on a new doily in lime green. It's a Jan Stawasz, Doily #XIV. The thread is one that I got at Wal-Mart forever ago when I first started tatting and is a size 3 crochet cotton.... I think. I like the 'puffy' look of this thread (it looks a little similar to needle tatting, eh?)

Changin' it up a bit by using size 3, bulky thread

Here is a close up. I rearranged the tatting sequence so that I could tat this with one shuttle, versus two like the pattern says. Because this thread is so thick, I know I'll be reloading my shuttle a lot and didn't feel like having to constantly wind two : )

 
 I hope everyone is well and enjoying May! I can't beleive that it's half over already!
Toodles from Illinois,
 

7 comments:

Julie Romero said...

That green is a PRETTY color! It will be fun to watch your doily grow :-)

God's Kid said...

Looks like it will be awesome!! :)

Allison said...

Thank you ladies! This will be a fun one to watch grow :) Julie, this thread is my FAVORITE color! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Love the color! I'm not sure I'd like tatting in size 3, but I'm glad to see you working with it. It will be interesting to see how large it is when finished.

Carla said...

Beautiful tatting work!!!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely colour, it looks a lovely pattern so I shall be interested in how you go with it. The book is still on my wish list.
Margaret

Maureen said...

But how will you reload the shuttle if you only have ONE ball of the thread? - I always wonder about that, there's probably a simple solution!
I love the colour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...