Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring has Sprung!!

The days are getting longer and I don't mind a bit. (sounds like it should be a song title, eh?) The weather in Illinois has been a mix of sun, highs in the 50's, all with a dash of clouds and rain, but none-the-less BEAUTIFUL! My sister and I have ridden our horses every day for the past three days! I love spring. It's it amazing how the seasons are all paced out? I mean, we are in winter/frost/cold/snow mode for just enough time to get sick of it, crave warmer weather then BOOM! A day in the 40's with only warmer days ahead. Then, it's hot long enough to feel good and before we know it, it's time for pumpkin pie and apple cider. Maybe it's just me, but I'm glad we have just enough of each season here in Illinois.
I'm working on a pink doily from the latest Handy Hands newsletter. It's one of the smaller Dresser Set pieces. I've been struggling with one of the rounds all because I didn't read the directions right the second, third, or FOURTH time! I made a nice little pile of threads on the end table next to me that one of our kitties decided to play with. That was cute and amusing! No worries though, I finally studied the typed directions and the picture and came out all right. What's really neat about this one is that instead of joining rings to chains, there are two rounds that join chains to chains, then rings to rings to make a 3-D effect. It looks like one of those optical illusions.
So, with that I'll bid thee farewell 'till next time with pictures of a pretty pink doily!
Sweet dreams!
Allison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...