Thursday, April 7, 2011

The joys of gardening...

So I started a new job at a local garden center/florist and I am soo loving it. The people are just great; I love working with every one of them, which is a huge blessing in the workplace. God is good. There are different tasks to go everyday, from planting containers and mixed baskets, watering plants, moving Shrubs and trees, shaping, pinching, removing early flowers, the list goes forever on. Oh, it's so fun. The only downside to this amazing job is that I come home every day with very dirty hands and that doesn't mix too well with pretty white thread. Needless to say, I haven't been tatting a whole lot. But I'm thinking about what patterns and colors I'll be using this spring. Hope the weather is fine and dandy where this quick blog post finds you.
Be Blessed!
Allison

P.S. I have a new gardening blog that documents all of the crazy experiments at home and what I've learned from school! Check it out at The Garden's Path Blog.

4 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

I hope you your new job lasts for many years to come, its a lovely job and always something new to learn. I used to have my own florist business many years ago.
This is my first visit to your blog and your tatting looks lovely, I like the pearl earrings.
I will come back again.
Margaret

Allison said...

Greeting Margaret! Thanks for stopping by my blog! How cool that you used to have a flower shop. The garden center I work at also has a florist service. I eat lunch in the back room where the designers work and they are fascinating to watch. Quite a talented industry :) I took a quick tour of your blog and love your earring pattern! Talk to you soon!
Allison

Missy said...

Allison! You have a VERY neat blog. My sister tatts - I like to crochet. :) I'm also in my early 20's and live on a small 5 acre farm with my family. AND (of course) I was home schooled. :) I've enjoyed looking around on your blog!

~ Missy from pure-femininity.blogspot.com

Allison said...

HI Missy! Thanks for stopping by! I had a blast checking out your blog the other day and will continue to do so. Way to keep the faith! Homeschooling is the best; I've loved every minute that I was home. College is a challenge, but there are some great people there and I'm learning a ton about God's creation. And nothing beats farm life :) That is something that I treasure. Have a great day and please come by often!
Allison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...