Sunday, September 23, 2012

Antique Colors...

After finishing my Doodad Dare I've been working on the Small Coronet Pattern from Tattyhead's blog. Apparently Fox and I had been having the same problem with the bulkier thread sizes that kept snapping the fraying while being tatted. I started with a larger thread, but these two color were sitting next to each other in my tatting box and it's was like instant inspiration! I have to admit that I didn't use two shuttles until the last round so I am planning on making this one again using two shuttles and giving split chains a chance! I really loved how much time you save by using them and not have to cut and hide ends while tatting doily rounds. Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!! Be blessed!
 

3 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely doily, looking good so far.
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Those colors look great together! I haven't tried split chains yet... some day!

God's Kid said...

That is so pretty!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...