Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Snowflake a Day...

For the month of December I decided to tat one snowflake a day as my Advent 'countdown.' Advent is the time before Christmas when Christians expectantly wait for the birth of the Messiah on Christmas Day. I'm going to tat my way through Festive Snowflakes & Ornaments by Barbara Foster and Tatted Snowflakes by Vida Sunderman. I'm planning on some snowflakes with beads, some without and in many different colors. I have a braided Ficus tree that I grew while I was in college so it will be COVERED in snow by the time the month is up! It's been pretty warm here in Illinois still and this country girl is ready for some snow! So since the forecast is saying it's going to be 60 degrees this weekend, I'm gonna make my own snow!


 Have a great weekend everyone!!

 





8 comments:

Ladytats said...

that sounds like it will be a pretty tree. have fun

God's Kid said...

Great idea!! Hope you get all of them done!! :)
We are feeling a little down about the warmer temps here in Michigan too!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That's a fabulous goal! Perhaps I should try to do the same. ;-)

Margarets designer cards said...

Great minds think alike, only I don't have 24 so I was thinking of starting a bit nearer to Christmas, so now I can't, well done of thinking doing a countdown to Christmas, lovely snowflake, How lovely to have 60 degrees, it's minus here with a frost tonight.
Margaret

Mary Kay said...

What a wonderful idea for an Advent observance! Happy Tatting and Blessed Advent to you!

Bonnie said...

A great idea! I'm looking forward to seeing each one.

tatterjil said...

Looking forward to seeing your snowflakes! I'm trying for at least a snowflake a day too, but I don't think I will make it all the way through Advent that way.

Allison said...

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies! It's going to be fun to try something different everyday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...